Yoga is a mind and body practice with historical origins in ancient Indian philosophy. Various styles of yoga combine physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation.
Some facts of yoga:
- The word “yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit root yuj meaning “to yoke or join together.” Union of mind and body.
- Hatha yoga is the type of yoga most frequently practiced in Western culture. Ha means “sun” tha means “moon.”
- There are many styles of yoga. Depending on a person’s fitness level determines the type of yoga class to which is best suited.
- Some of the common yoga injuries include repetitive strain to an overstretching of the neck, shoulders, spine, legs, and knees.
- Yoga is defined as having eight branches:
Practicing yoga has many health benefits including relieving low back pain, assisting with stress management and increasing balance and flexibility.
Westfort Ayurveda is regarded as the best Ayurveda hospital in Kerala, which provides the services of experienced and well-trained yoga technicians.